Maquoketa Family Law Attorneys
Helping Clients Throughout Eastern Iowa Resolve Family Disputes
Divorce cases and other family law matters can be extremely emotional and stressful. It is important to consult with an attorney who will take the time to understand your specific circumstances and advise you on your rights and options so you can make informed decisions.
The Maquoketa family law lawyers at Schoenthaler, Bartelt, Kahler & Reicks are committed to helping clients resolve difficult disputes. All of the attorneys at the firm have been practicing family law throughout their legal careers, assisting clients with issues such as the following:
- Divorce: If you and your spouse are getting divorced, the firm will work to protect your rights, your financial resources and your relationships with your children through the resolution of issues such as property division, alimony, child custody and child support.
- Child custody and support: Whether you need help establishing, modifying or enforcing a child custody, visitation or support order, the firm can help you pursue a positive outcome.
- Paternity: The attorneys at the firm help unmarried mothers and fathers legally establish the paternity of their children so they can pursue child custody, visitation and support.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: If you need help drafting a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement or have been asked to sign one, the firm can protect your rights.
- Adoption: The attorneys at the firm guide clients through a wide range of adoption scenarios, including stepparent adoptions, grandparent adoptions and private adoptions.
- Domestic violence: If your spouse, your partner or someone else in your household has abused or threatened you or your children, the firm can help you pursue a protective order.
Many family disputes can be resolved through negotiation or mediation. However, sometimes, it is necessary to go to trial to protect a client’s rights. Schoenthaler, Bartelt, Kahler & Reicks is made up of experienced trial lawyers who are prepared to advocate for clients in court.
Family Law and Divorce Lawyers Serving Bellevue, Preston and DeWitt
If you have any type of legal issue involving your family and children, it is in your interest to consult a lawyer sooner rather than later. To schedule a consultation with an attorney at Schoenthaler, Bartelt, Kahler & Reicks, please contact the firm at 866-308-2627 or by e-mail.