About Our Dedicated Attorneys
The law firm of Schoenthaler, Bartelt, Kahler & Reicks is a general practice law firm swith a 100+-year history serving eastern Iowa. Our attorneys have more than 60 combined years of experience representing clients in a wide range of legal practice areas. In every case, our first emphasis is on gathering the facts and evidence. Next, we apply our legal knowledge and preparation to aggressively support the interests of our clients.
Each of us is proud to be part of a team of highly skilled attorneys whose focus is on meeting clients’ needs. Follow the links below to learn about our backgrounds and qualifications.
Schoenthaler, Bartelt, Kahler & Reicks originated in 1926. Today, we represent clients from across eastern Iowa. Our attorneys offer clients the benefits of our extensive legal knowledge and experience in a range of legal practice areas such as those described below.
Handling Transactions And Disputes Regarding Personal Injury, Criminal Law And Business Law
Regardless of whether you need assistance with a divorce dispute, real estate transaction, estate plan or another legal matter, you can rely on the Maquoketa attorneys at Schoenthaler, Bartelt, Kahler & Reicks. Our team handles cases involving the following issues and others:
- Estate planning and probate, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney
- Real estate, including residential and commercial purchase and sale agreements
- Personal injury, including car, truck, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents, injuries caused by defective products and wrongful death
- Criminal and juvenile law, including charges on suspicion of drunk driving, drug crimes, assault or white collar crimes
- Family law, including divorce, child custody, child support, property division, alimony, paternity, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, adoption, domestic violence and protective orders
- Business law, including business entity formation, corporate maintenance, business dissolution, contract drafting and negotiation, agricultural law and commercial litigation
- Tax preparation and advice
In addition to the areas above, the firm is a resource for issues including municipal law and agricultural law. In all practice areas, the firm is fully prepared to represent clients’ interests in transactions and litigation. We represent clients in disputes through alternative dispute resolution proceedings, at trial and on appeal.